Note: This page contains affiliate links. What does this mean?
Free Preschool Homeschol Curriculum
Lovely Creations Preschool
This free preschool homeschol curriculum contains five units, from “God Made the World” to “I Am Thankful for God’s Gifts.” Each week expores one of God’s lovely creations with songs, story-books, art projects, and science activities. A letter-of-the-week schedule is included from November to May.
I recommend checking with your library to see which books are available locally through inter-library loans, and asking if they can set up a borrowing schedule so that all your books will be available when you need them.
I also highly recommend The Homegrown Preschooler, by Lee and Richards, for great ideas on how to add well-rounded development activities into any preschool theme or schedule.
God Made the World
Genesis 1:1 “God created the heaven and the earth.”
Day/Night (Sun, moon, stars)
- Songs: I Am Like a Star, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Home: Make a chart with pictures of daytime activities and bedtime activities.
- Science: Learn why we should never look directly at the sun. Notice how the moon is a different shape by the end of the week. See if you can find the great dipper.
- Art: Day and Night Crafts
- Songs: How’s the Weather, Rain Rain Go Away
- Home: Sort your clothes into what you wear for different kinds of weather.
- Science & Art: Weather Activities
Sea (rivers, ponds, lakes, ocean)
- Songs: A Sailor Went to Sea, There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
- Home: Go swimming at a pool or in the bath. Learn water safety, such as wearing a lifejacket.
- Science: Ice, Water, Vapor Experiment
- Art: Painting with Water
Land (plains, hills, mountains)
- Songs: The World is So Big, The Bear Went Over the Mountain,
- Home: Explore the area around your home. Do you live somewhere hilly, or flat?
- Science: The land gets shaped by water, ice, and wind. Erosion Experiment
- Art: Make a pizza that is flat like plains, with topping hills. Then bake cupcakes and stack them into a mountain.
- Songs: Popcorn Popping, The Leaves on the Trees are Falling Down
- Home: Visit an arboretum or forest near your home. What kinds of trees grow in your area?
- Songs: Sing a Song of Flowers, Roses are Red
- Home: See how many different colours of flowers you can find in your neighborhood.
Plants I eat:
- Songs: Farmer Plants the Seeds, Apples and Bananas
- Home: Make a salad, fruit tray, or veggie tray together.
- Songs: It’s Autumn Time, Autumn Counting Song
- Home: Rake leaves together, or other lawn care activities.
God Made the Animals
Genesis 1:21 “God created… every living creature that moveth”
Bugs (A for Ant)
- Songs: Itsty Bitsy Spider, Ladybug Ladybug
Birds (B for Bird)
- Songs: In the Leafy Treetops, Five Little Ducks
Fish (C for Clownfish)
Forest animals (D for Deer)
- Songs: Sleeping Bunnies, Forest Dance
Wild animals (E for Elephant)
- Songs: Let’s Go To the Zoo, Walking in the Jungle
Farm animals (F for Farm)
Animals around the manger (G for Gift)
- Songs: The Friendly Beasts, Any Other Christmas Carols
Christmas (H for Happy)
- Songs: Enjoy Your Favorite Christmas Carols
God Made Me
Job 33:4 “The spirit of God hath made me”
Seasons: Winter (I for Igloo)
- Songs: Once There Was a Snowman, Little Snowflake
My body made in God’s image (J for Jump)
- Songs: Heads Shoulders Knees and Toes, I Am a Child of God
My eyes to see (K for Kaleidoscope)
- Songs: Two Little Eyes, I See Something Blue
My ears to hear (L for Loud, or Lullaby)
- Songs: Quiet Loud, What Do You Hear?
My smell and taste (M for Mouth, or Mmmmmmm)
- Songs: The Taste Song, Do You Like Broccoli Icecream?
My voice to sing (N for Note)
My hands to feel and do (O for Operation, or toss)
- Songs: Do As I’m Doing, My Hands Upon My Head
My feet to walk and jump (P for Parade or Park)
- Songs: Walking Walking, We All Fall Down
I Can Be Like Jesus
1 Corinthians 11:1 “Be ye followers… of Christ.”
Jesus calmed the storm (Q for Quiet)
Jesus healed the sick (R for Raise or Restore)
- Songs: Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
Jesus died for me (S for Saved and Sacrifice and Sacrament)
Jesus Lived Again—Easter (T for Tomb)
Season: Spring (U for umbrella)
- Songs: Spring Is Here, Springtime
I can serve others (V for Value, or serVe)
- Songs: When We’re Helping We’re Happy, Helping Hands
I can share/give (W for you’re Welcome)
- Songs: Give Said the Little Stream, Giving Makes Me Happy
I can be obedient (X for eXample or eXact)
- Songs: Quickly I’ll Obey, Listen and Obey
I am Thankful for God’s Gifts
Psalm 107:1 “O give thanks unto the Lord”
Thankful for My Mother—Mother’s Day (Y, for I love You)
- Songs: I Often Go Walking, I Love My Mommy
Thankful for My Clothes (Z for Zipper)
- Songs: This Is the Way We Get Dressed, The Socks Song
Thankful for My Home
- Songs: Houses Song, House Song 2
Thankful for Food
- Songs: Eat Your Vegetables, 1 2 What Shall We Do?
Thankful for Brother/Sister/Grandparents
- Songs: Finger Family, A Happy Family
Thankful for my Father—Father’s Day
- Songs: Daddy’s Homecoming, I Love My Daddy
Thankful for my favourite things
- Songs: Favourite Songs
- Books: Favourite Books
- Songs: Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime, Mr. Golden Sun